“We”, “Us”, and “Our” are references to the New Zealand Business Tools Ltd (NZBT);
“You” and “Your” are references to You.
“GDPR” is a reference to the General Data Protection Regulation under EU Data Privacy Laws.
You agree that You are at least 18 years of age and acknowledge that this creates an agreement that is binding and valid in legal obligations by You.
Compliance with laws
You agree to use the Website in a manner that complies with all applicable laws and regulations (including, but not limited to NZ Privacy Act 2020 and EU Data Privacy Laws including GDPR)and that does not infringe Our rights, nor the rights of anyone else, nor restricts or inhibits their use and enjoyment of the Website.
You agree not to:
- (damage or harm the Website, or any underlying or connected network or system;
- use of unauthorised automated means to access the Website or content featured on it for any purpose;
- introduce any viruses, worms, trojan horses, timebombs, content or code to the Website which is technologically harmful;
- use the Website to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory;
- do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of the Website, such as a denial of service attack;
- upload or post any content on the Website (or use the Website to transmit any communication) which is in Our view illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening, infringing of intellectual property rights, invasive of privacy or otherwise objectionable.
- send or otherwise post unauthorised commercial communications (such as spam) on the Website;
- engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme on the Website;
- solicit log in information or access an account belonging to someone else;
- bully, intimidate, or harass any user/member of the Website;
- offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstake on the Website without obtaining Our permission. If We consent, You take full responsibility for the contest, giveaway, or sweepstake, and agree to comply with all applicable laws,
Collection of Your personal information
Information Retrieved While Visiting the Site
Some information is automatically retrieved while You visit the NZBT Website. This information is outlined below.
- The date and time of website visits.
- Your IP Address.
- The referring Website if any through which You have come from, to this Website.
- Technical information on Your browser, operating system or device.
- Date and time of visits to this Website.
- Type of web browser
- Search terms used
The Website automatically generates logs regarding Your sessions on the Site such as the features You use, the actions that You take and the information that You access. NZBT generally uses this information for statistical purposes and to assess the effectiveness of the Website and to better understand Your priorities and interests.
Storing Your Information
Your personal information will be used only for the purposes for which it is collected and will be retained only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information was collected (including any time that We are required by law to retain such information).
We will only release Your information We hold, on Your authority, required by law or in order for Us to provide goods and services to Yourself, where supplied to a third party the information released will only be sufficient for the third party to provide their service. Except as detailed above We do not share, give, sell, rent or lease information to third parties and Your personal information will only be disclosed to those employees within Our organisation who have need to know in order to ensure You are provided with information about Our products and services through this Website.
You can ask to see any information We may hold about You and You have the right to have any inaccuracies corrected by Us. We will comply with any such requests to the extent required by the Privacy Act legislation within twenty days of written request receipt. We may ask for verification of Your identity in order to respond.
You can ask to see the personal information that We hold about You at any time by emailing NZBT’s Privacy Officer.
You may also ask Us to correct, alter or delete any personal information that We hold about You by emailing NZBT’s Privacy Officer, Colin Edwards.
Securing Your Information
When making a transaction through this Website Your information will pass through a secure server using SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology. The encryption process ensures that Your information can not be read by or altered by outside influences.
If at any time You are on a mailing list of Ours then You may request to be removed from the list and We will comply with Your request, please contact Us with Your request using the “Contact Us” section on the Website.
Advertisers and Linked sites and social networking services
The display on Our Website of any advertiser or the provision of a link to third party Website does not constitute Our endorsement of either the advertiser or third-party provider or any of their Website content or business practices. As We do not have any control of the content of any third party Websites access to Websites is at Your sole risk and We recommend that You thoroughly review the terms and conditions of use and the Privacy policies of any third party Website immediately once You access such a site.
Publication of email addresses on the Website should not be taken as deemed consent to receiving unsolicited email. Persons or organisations wishing to send email material to individuals or organisations whose email addresses appear on the Website must comply with the requirements of the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007.
We use social networking services (E.g. such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and You Tube) to communicate with the public. When You communicate with Us using these services, the social networking services may collect Your personal information for it’s own purposes. These services have their own privacy statement which are independent of ours. They do not have any access to the personal information We hold on Our systems.
We accept no liability in regard to any dealings, promotions or activities between Yourself and advertisers or third-party providers.
Privacy Office Details
The NZBT Privacy Officer’s contact details are;
Landline: 03 390 9090
Copyright and Trademarks
The contents of the Website are at all times the copyright/trademark of NZBT, Our suppliers or linked third parties and You may not distribute, reproduce, display, publish any trademark or other content of this Website for any purpose whatsoever without the prior written approval of Us, Our suppliers or linked third parties (each as applicable). Furthermore, You agree to indemnify Us against any claims, costs, damages or losses incurred by Us should You fail to comply. Security of Your login information
Where You are required to register or login to any part of the Website, You must keep all usernames and passwords secure and confidential and must not disclose them to any third party. You must take reasonable care to:
- choose a password that is a secret known only to You which cannot be easily guessed;
- not disclose Your password to anyone;
- not allow anyone to see Your password or can see it or record it when You enter it on a computer; and
- change Your password at regular intervals.
You must provide true, current and complete information in Your dealings with Us (including when setting up an account) and must promptly update that information as required so that the information remains true, current and complete.
If You are given a User ID, You must keep Your User ID secure and:
not permit any other person to use Your User ID, including not disclosing or providing it to any other person; and
immediately notify Us if You become aware of any disclosure or unauthorised use of Your User ID, by sending an email tour Privacy Officer Colin@nzbt.co.nz.
You agree that We are entitled to rely on the authenticity and authority of Your username, password and session-specific codes generated by Your hardware device to process actions or requests You submit to the Website and that We may do so without further enquiry.
You are responsible for any actions taken through Your login.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions are governed by, and construed in accordance with the law in force in New Zealand. The parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts for any proceedings in connection with these Terms and Conditions